Follow by Email
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favourite things.
Cadillac's and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favourite things.
When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favourite things...
Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favourite things.
When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> >
(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd lasting several minutes and encore when she recited it in a function to commemorate her birthday.)
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
texture, colour and surrounding area and its health significance!
1) Changes in the nail colour:
Paleness in the nail colour is an indication of anemia. Yellowness an indication of liver complaints, addictions
Blueness of the nails is common in extreme coldness, and some heart,
and lung complaints.
2) Changes in the texture:
Chapping of the nails: This is the most common condition of the nails
and can be commonly due to some fungal infection of the nails. Iron
deficiencies are also known to cause chapping.
Vertical striations: may indicate kidney disorders or beginning of arthritis
Saturday, May 5, 2012
- Androgenetic alopesia or male type baldness:- This is the most common type of pattern hairfall, especially in males. Hereditary factors contribute to this type of hairfall , wherein the hairline starts receding from the temples, leaving a M shaped baldness. Modern medicine has no cure for this unless of course one opts for hair weaving. It is for this ailment that people opt for homoeopathy, the hereditary factor, and yes homoeopathy does not disappoint! Homoeopathic treatment in the early stages can stop as well as restore the crowning glory!
- Deficiencies:- This is the next important cause of hair loss. Protein deficiency and hair fall is common knowledge. Deficiency of protein puts hair in the resting stage and halts the growth of hair. Any deficiency nowadays is not because of availability but because of absorption. Unless of course there is a deprivation by illness or diet! Constitutional homoeopathic treatment ensures not only proper absorption but also metabolism of the nutrients, in this case proteins, thus providing shine and sheen to the hair!
- Illnesses:- Post illnesses body shifts focus to the vital functioning and puts hair in the resting phase, thus causing hair loss. Illnesses with septic conditions, high grade fever, chronic diseases, thyroid complaints, major surgeries, are some of the common conditions that may cause hair fall. Seborrhoea(dandruff), ringworm of the scalp also causes hair loss. There is a considerable amount of hair loss post pregnancy and lactation period too. Alopesia aerate causes localized hair loss as in spots. Homoeopathy cures this condition magically. Homoeopathy helps in fast recuperation, removing the after effects of the illness establishing the hair care.
- Medication:- Some of the modern medicines are known to cause hair loss. Anti cancer chemotherapy drugs are the most prominent among these. Apart from them, drugs for rheumatism, gout, heart complaints can cause hair fall. Some oral contraceptive pills are also known to cause hair loss. Homoeopathy helps remove the hair-raising side effects of these drugs. The patients can be safely weaned off the lifetime drug dependence with homoeopathic treatment.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
The constitution of India though formally lately formed, is deep rooted and ancient.
KINGDOM....... Belonged to the “British Kingdom” once upon a time and had to struggle to find its own place in history.
PROVING....... India stood the test of time and had to ‘prove’ itself time and again, before the world could take its cognizance and acknowledged its presence.
INTRODUCTION..... Now it certainly needs no introduction! Once upon a time a land of ‘serpents’ ‘sadhus’ and ‘spices’ has come to be known as the land of ‘space-crafts’, ‘software solutions’ and ‘cyberspace’…………. India has certainly arrived!!
MODE OF ACTION......The ‘mode of action’ suddenly seems to be drifting from recognition deprived , tolerant behavior of ‘magnesium’ to the assertive drive of ‘now’ of ‘lycopodium’.
SPHERES OF ACTION........Very few countries can boast of such wide ‘spheres of action’ as that of India. Right from computer-ports to sports, knowledge to tech-(k)nology, and culture to agri-culture, India is shining.
EVOLUTION...........A country that was 'evolving'for a long period time, at a ‘slow pace’ has suddenly gained momentum. Even as the whole world sleeps, India is behind the screens, on its tips to make the most of time advantage.From the ‘grit-laden’ ‘Silician’ age of Aryans, to the gold cast ‘Aurum’ era of being called the golden sparrow, from the ‘vice’ and ‘spice’ indulgent ‘Nux’ era, to the laid back ignorance ofCarbo-veg, India has come a long, long way.It witnessed an ‘indignant’ response of ‘non-violence’, ‘non co-operation’ of ‘Staphysagria’ and ‘rebellious’ opposition to ‘injustice’, fight for the right of ‘Natrum’, especially so in braking the 'salt’ rules. It saw the steely ‘Metallic’ determination of defense to form an army within the army. It also obeyed the ‘philosophical’ and ‘spiritual’ grounding of ‘Sulphur’ much needed during the turbulent times.
A constitution that was robust in the north-west, had ‘marasmussed’ into a lean and thin nation.The supposedly teething problems of poverty, population explosion lasted too long .The milestones of food ,water and electricity to all were very delayed.The milestones of the good roads are yet to arrive!! . India continued to develop albeit at a slower pace thriving on ‘doodh-ganga’ and vitamin-m from wheat and cotton.
GENERALS Generally speaking India has been
Hot and ‘Happenning’ever since its inception.
Being cold to the happenings around has never been India’s TEMPERAMENT
Siding the RIGHT is a matter of virtue for India
Its CRAVING for ‘spice’ and ‘salt’ has attracted the world market now .
AVERSION to ‘bitterness’ be it of ‘thought’, ‘taste’ or ‘tongue’, is
something that India never really developed preference for.
Its UNQUENCHABLE THIRST for knowledge is unparalleled. Being recognized
as the Oxford of the east, it is becoming a major educational hub.
‘THE SWEAT OF THE BROW' is almost unheard of, what with the laid-back attitude?
But yes it does PERSPIRE UNDER THE COLLAR when the news of neighboring ‘nukes’
Indians and SLEEP are an equation. It has had a long sleep of 150 or odd years and
not very peaceful one.
MIND Finally what does one say of the Indian MINDSET?!
No other constitution in the world has had such a heady combination of ‘INTELLECT’ and ‘EMOTIONS.’If world had to delete Indians from their intellectual property, it would reduce to half. Lacking in ‘WILL’ it never has thought twice before taking ‘MOTIVATION’ from others. Persistence and endurance have been India’s ‘DRIVE’ which keeps world`s trust in ‘also-rans’. Discovering and placing a value on Zero, India has always remained a minimalist. An attitude according to some could well be in tune with India`s laid back attitude.
Emotions have been India`s biggest strength and virtue. World humbles at its ‘philosophical’ and ‘spiritual’ bent. In crisis when in need of comprehensive thinking, world has always backed upon India. Tolerance, understanding and acceptance are the qualities that Indians are born with than taught, though at times they have proved to be more of liabilities than assets. Hopeless dreamers (day) that Indians are, have dreamt of being the ‘numero-uno’. To realize this dream India is forming ‘complimentary’ relations with the ‘mighty’ constitutions. The neighboring ‘inimical’ relations are best ignored. Will ignorance prove to be the best antidote?! Do not know only time can tell,but Indian constitution definately needs a prescription for action. With auxillary line of implimentation of rules and follow up on infrastructure,India can go a long way!
All in all now is the time for the world where India ‘matters’ the most, and we as indians certainly do not ‘mind’ that.